Saturday, 19 January 2013 (MAB)
The team members met with Kevin Honare & Mark Stokes from Bright Hope, and David Allen came and joined us for part of it. We were reminded again that this is the start of a partnership with Krey Mo Kee. That our visit is about breaking down barriers & building bridges into their lives, of partnering with them in both physically and spiritually. That it is not just the 10 people on the trip who are "going on a mission trip" - it is also about Mt Albert Baptist Church and everyone who's part of MABC joining together in a partnership with this village.
Partnership means to understand more about the people & their lives & what their needs are support them with some of their needs physically such as the water, sanitation & school building projects pray for openness to the gospel uphold the Christians already in the village that they will be emboldened and encouraged through our caring for them. We did a few team exercises - some photos below. The aim of this particular exercise was for us to stand on the ledge as shown & for the 5 people on the right to swap position with those on the left in a mirror image position - without touching the grass behind or the concrete in front. Confusing??? We succeeded with 1 fall which meant we had to start again.
What did we learn?
- The importance of communication
- The need to have a plan/strategy
- The need to work together as a team - supporting each other; utilising our different strengths ( & physique- eg: much easier for a tall person to go over a crouching person!); when we fall- the issue is not WHO's fallen but that the TEAM has fallen & what will we do next time that's better.
- There WILL be obstacles along the way but we can work through it
- There can be different rules in a different culture & we need to go along & be okay with it
God has been faithful in enabling funds to be raised!
Preparations for the trip have been going well.
Health & safety for team members leading up to the trip & whilst away
That final preparations will be completed smoothly
Pray for the villagers at Krey Mo Kee that hearts will be open